Feuling Vented Dipstick for 2018-2020 Harley Softail - Polished
- Ships Within 1 Business Day
Vent excessive pressure from the oil tank through a breather system designed by Feuling for the Harley M8 Softail motor. Polished finish.
Fits: 2018-2020 Harley Softail Models
- Screws into the factory oil fill spout as a stock replacement part on M-Eight Softails
- These breathing dipsticks remove unwanted build-up of blow by, which is found in engines with excessive leakdown through the rings/cylinders (a common issue with large displacement big bore engines)
- Test results show a decrease in engine sump oil levels
- Dipsticks vent/breath excessive crank case pressure from the oil tank through a breather system consisting of a oil separator system, perforated disc, replaceable filter element and umbrella flapper valve
- Choose from two venting style options when installing the dipstick
- Option 1 is to use the 1/8" NPT breather vent fitting with internal porous filter element (this option gives a clean look; however it can produce an oil misting/residue out of the element on engines with excessive leakdown/blow by)
- Option 2 (Feulings preferred option) is to use a quick-disconnect coupler fitting with rubber hose and filter element (this option will run any excessive oil misting/residue through the line and into the filter element, but does require disconnecting the fitting in order to check the oil)
- For Option 2, Feuling recommends routing the line up the frame rail, up under the seat/abs area, then back down along the right side frame rail and the filter element can fit cleanly between the engine/trans matting area on the inside of the lower right frame rail
- There are two ways to read the oil level with this dipstick, with the bike on the jiffy stand (FHS) or the bike upright and level (FHU)
- If reading the dipstick with the bike on the jiffy stand you will take your reading from the dimples labeled FHS (Full Hot Stand)
- When reading the dipstick with the bike upright and level you will take the reading from the dimples labeled FHU (Full Hot Upright)
- Available in polished or fade-resistant black
- Made in the U.S.A.
NOTE: This dipstick does get hot; use a glove when checking oil level.
NOTE: Feuling highly recommends staying off the rev limiter and running conventional oil in the M-Eight engines to help maintain ring seal and minimize blow by.
NOTE: It is important to get the correct hot oil level in your bike. Feuling recommends running the oil level 90%-99% full when hot.
|2018 - 2019||Harley-Davidson||Softail Breakout 114 FXBRS|
|2018 - 2019||Harley-Davidson||Softail Breakout FXBR|
|2018 - 2019||Harley-Davidson||Softail Deluxe FLDE|
|2018 - 2019||Harley-Davidson||Softail Fat Bob 114 FXFBS|
|2018 - 2019||Harley-Davidson||Softail Fat Bob FXFB|
|2018 - 2019||Harley-Davidson||Softail Fat Boy 114 FLFBS|
|2018 - 2019||Harley-Davidson||Softail Fat Boy FLFB|
|2018 - 2019||Harley-Davidson||Softail Heritage Classic 114 FLHCS|
|2018 - 2019||Harley-Davidson||Softail Heritage Classic FLHC|
|2018 - 2019||Harley-Davidson||Softail Low Rider FXLR|
|2018 - 2019||Harley-Davidson||Softail Slim FLSL|
|2018 - 2019||Harley-Davidson||Softail Sport Glide FLSB|
|2018 - 2019||Harley-Davidson||Softail Street Bob FXBB|